Wednesday, March 16, 2011

They Say It's Control Issues...

So, as it turns out, I was diagnosed with an eating disorder. I have non-purging type bulimia nervosa. Pretty much what happens is I starve myself for periods at a time, then binge eat to deal with the hunger pains. Then the cycle starts over again. For awhile now, I have had this under control. I just make sure I eat 3 meals a day whether I am hungry or not. Lately though, I find myself lapsing into my old ways. It's an unconscious thing. My therapist said it had to do with control issues, that the only thing I felt I had control over was when I ate. All I know is that it is annoying that I can't remember to friggin' eat when I wake up, that I get so distracted doing other things that my mind wanders away from food until my stomach is aching from not eating. I have been controlling part of it. I have been avoiding binge eating, even if I still feel hungry after eating my breakfast meal, and then eating 2 more meals throughout my waking day. I just worry that if I can't get my lack of attention under control I may go back to my old ways of not eating for a day or two, then gorging myself unto sickness. I guess they don't call it a disorder for nothing though...

No comments:

Post a Comment