Sunday, April 17, 2011

Nights Like These...

Today was a good day. It started out alittle down, as Steven and I couldn't do our customary lunch of burritoes at Blue Ribbon Diner. But that was fine. We ate party pizzas instead, covered in gooey cheese. Then Cody came over and we spent the afternoon watching movies and just hanging out.

Around 4 or 5, Steve-O and Cody went to eat dinner at the Fullbright's. I went about preparing my own dinner. My mom had bought me some tenderised chuck steaks and a pineapple (which Steven had earlier cut up), and I still had some red onion and green bell pepper from my salad makings. The pineapple was really juicey and sweet, so I squeezed a few pieces of juice onto the steak and let them set about 15 minutes while I chopped up onion and bell pepper and sauteed them and the juiced pieces of pineapple in the frying pan. Then I cooked the steaks in the pan with the veggies (squeezing alittle more pineapple juice on the plated steaks topped with the veggies), warmed up the rest of my mashed taters from the night before, and had a nice steak dinner.

As I was finishing up, Steven and Cody came back over, and we watched the end of a documentary about SNL in the first 10 years of the 21st century. Then...because HBO had a free weekend...we killed all the lights, sat back with some drinks (Steven and I finished off some sour apple pucker, Cody had some Wild Turkey), and watched the premiere episode of HBO's Game of Thrones. All these weeks of anticipation payed off. This series is by far the most excellent program on TV at the moment. And we have 9 more weeks of it in the first season! So it's going to be a good summer for us three, watching this program.

As I envision it, it's going to be a nice summer, with long days and nights cooking out and hanging with Steven. My mom's going to be living here, and most likely my brother, Krystal, and my niece. A ton of good super-hero movies in theatres. A very good summer, I should think.

Next week, Easter! I will be going with my mom and possibly my sister up to see Ray Ray and them. I can't wait. I love my niece so much, I hate having to wait a month each time to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment